- Duration 03 hrs
- Activities Cycling
- Trip Type Solo / Group
- Best Time All around the year
- Start/End KTM / KTM
- Location Kathmandu
- Language English
- Hotel Pickup Available
Our Ktm bike tour departs from Thamel, following the shuttle routes of citizen’s thoroughfare, all the way to one of the important and religious Pashupati Nath temple premises. you might have maintained a checklist of stopping place for your ease while visiting Kathmandu; as the city offers you beautiful artefacts and sculptures in several world heritage sites, historic monuments and myriads of adventurous destinations to explore, a bike ride is also one of the escapades for a city tour to add on your to-do list and convivial withal.
The local riders are more than happy to take you on a ride, they are experienced riders in the bustling streets of the city. Through the swarming market area of Thamel, the ride is set off, Amidst the honking of vehicles, Thamel and its nearby place is a visitor’s friendly area. crossing busy highways offering you jam-packed roads where you can observe vibrant and colourful streets. Throughout the journey, you can see street vendors selling street foods to hand made dexterity and peculiar unsystematic yet very rhythmic flow of vehicles and pedestrians before reaching Lord shiva’s shrine.
- Experience bike ride tour in the road of Kathmandu with locals and observe daily commute of an individual to carry out their vital task
- An insane Bike ride Tour in Kathmandu city; Not much abided by rules yet systematic
- Observing the crazy street of Kathmandu where one can get absolutely peculiar sights: Left side overtake is considered an easy strategy for the hurried commute to surpass heavy vehicles
- Commit Through narrow gaps between heavy vehicles; experience an adrenaline rush at close calls
- My driving experience in Kathmandu; A good level of concentration and observing systematic patterns of vehicle movement. Now, you are ready to go with the flow, once you succeed you can conquer every traffic in the world.
- Pickup and drop off service
- profession bike rider
- An English speaking guide
- Permit for Pashupati Nath temple premises
- Expenses for buying goods
- Food and beverages
We will arrange your pickup form your accomodation in Kathmandu and If you are joining group then we will meet up our group at Garden of Dreams in Thamel.
Ride with Locals: Frequently Asked Questions
Can you further explain about this Bike ride with locals ?
This package is about Bike ride tour from thamel to Pashupati Nath temple, As a outsider sometimes guests want to experience daily life of people residing in different country, as such visitors are not able to think what to do, so we have brought bike ride with locals, which creates earning opportunities to youth as well as program which serves our valuable guests.
Usually, during working days people commute to their workplaces and travel to different locations, so these city streets are dense, which makes the street full of beans. you can experience new things out of your daily scheduled routine
What is the time duration for overall bike ride?
The nearest distance from Thamel to Pashupati Nath temple is about 4.3 km. Normally, it takes about 15 minutes to ride but the road remains jam packed all the time, so it depends on the road condition, sometimes it might take as many as 45 minutes to reach our destination.
Can I ride a bike on my own?
Actually, this program is intended to enjoy visitors with locals, if you want to ride a bike on your own then we can provide you bike rental service but we recommend you to stay alert in kathmandu because it’s a crazy place to drive and not only require good driving skills but to understand whole concept of road manoeuvre. It would be great help for you to understand and get knowledge about Nepal’s roads once you travel with locals.
How can I ensure my booking confirmation? Can you manage other locations for bike ride tours too?
We will meet in front of Garden of Dreams which is a popular landmark nearer to Thamel and Lazimpat .We will send you an email instantly after booking and provide further details. We are offering Thamel to Pashupati Nath temple at this time but we can customize it according to concern like if you want to go on an outskirts ride from kathmandu or any nearby destination close to natural scenic beauty then we can recommend you too, you can just mail us your queries.
What do you need to carry with yourself for this tour ?
- We strongly recommend you to wear a mask and scarf, carry sunglasses or shades for a bike ride tour. you can wear comfortable wind and waterproof cheaters and comfortable sneakers.
- Some cash NPR (in case a souvenir or religious stones tempts you,Tips or gratitude for your local motorcycle rider or you want to have a drink)A water bottle (water is available for purchase everywhere)
Are tours offered only in English?
Yes, we only offer tours in English at this time. Please email us if you would like to make arrangements for your own interpreter to join the tour. We are not sure if we can arrange a local rider speaking your native language but once you reach your destination we will try our level best to manage the interpreter of your language.
Can I get access to restaurants and eateries easily on this bike ride tour?
We are driving on the popular street of kathmandu where you can find different restaurants offering you varieties of cuisine including japanese, indian ,chinese, continental and fast foods. Some typical Nepali cuisine and street foods offer much more delectable victuals. If you are fond of vegan foods and sweets then there are several local eateries in pashupati temple premises.