- Duration 3 days
- Activities Jungle Safari
- Group Size 02-10
- Best Season All around the year
- Start/End KTM/KTM
- Language English
- Location Chitwan
- Transportation Bus/ Van/ Car
- Accomodation Hotel
Chitwan National Park is located in the Central region of Nepal. It is one of the popular destinations who love nature, animals and who love being in the wild. You get to see the natural movement of wildlife like Rhino, Deer, Crocodile, and Tiger if you are lucky enough. You get to see langur monkeys, wild boar, jungle cats, etc.
The tour can be done through jeep or elephant, as per your ease. This national park covers an area of 932 square km in subtropical lowland of inner Terai. It was established in the year 1973 and was formerly known as Royal Chitwan National Park. There is a Tharu culture that you get to observe and be around during this short trip. It is enlisted under the UNESCO World Heritage site since 1984.
If you love watching wildlife programs on National Geographic Channel or Discovery channel, exploring Chitwan would let you this great opportunity. You can simply relax in this wildlife area too. This trip could be suitable for an individual, friends or even family members.
Generally visiting Chitwan after August till December is regarded as appropriate because of perfect weather. At other times, it can be hot in this place. Mountain Routes ensures that you get the best price package in the market. This trip can be extended or several days can be minimized as per your ease and requirement too.
- Keep in mind to respect the wild animals and maintain a safe distance from them.
- Make sure you do not disturb them and just observe their activities.
- Keep the camera flash off and mobile on vibration mode.
- Your dress should be neutral colours and comfortable. Animals get distracted with bright colours, which shall make them aggressive.
- Cover your arms and legs to protect from insect bites during the safari.
- Transfer to Chitwan and back
- Accommodation in Hotel
- All Meals Breakfast, lunch, dinner at Hotel
- National Park Entrance Fee & Activities fee
- English Spoken Guide’s fees
- National Park Fee
- All Activities Village Sightseen, Sunset Point visit, Tharu Culture dance, Canoe trip, jungle walk, Jeep Safari and bird watching.
- All government and local taxes.
- Items of personal consumption (coke, alcoholic beverages, laundry, etc.)
- Travel Insurance
- Medical evacuation in case of emergency.
- Personal expenses: phone calls, laundry, hot shower, drinks, tips etc.
- Unforeseen costs due to flight cancellation, weather conditions, illness, political unrest etc.
Day 1 : Drive to Chitwan
We first head towards Chitwan. Although there is flight access, we opt for the drive as this will let you explore the highway of Nepal too. We drive to flat land passing through Malekhu, Muglin, Narayanghat and finally reach Chitwan after around four hours of drive.
We reach Saruaha Chowk and then head towards Sauraha. Evening view of the sunset from Saruaha would be an amazing experience to observe. There are restaurants nearby the river where we might want to hang out. You can see crocodiles and rhinos across, in and sometimes near the river during the dark itself. Cultural Tharu dance is what you should not miss when in Sauraha. Overnight at the hotel of Sauraha.
Day 2 : Jungle Safari in Jeep
Everything is calm in the morning. So, we go for Safari crossing the river this day. We will see various wild creatures, birds. This 4 to 5 hours of the tour will make you feel that you got into the wild. We return for lunch and visit the local market there. Or, we can choose for Elephant Safari too. An Elephant bath would be an amazing experience.
During the evening we can move towards Dobhan, the junction where two river meets and experience local foods like duck’s meat items, etc. Overnight at Sauraha.
Day 3 : Drive back to Kathmandu via Manakamana
Having our breakfast, we drive towards Kathmandu. This will be the same route that we came through. We visit Manakamana via Cable car this day (optional). Within the next 4 to 5 hours we will be at Kathmandu’s hotel. Overnight at Kathmandu.