- Duration Full day
- Trip Type Solo / Group
- Best Time All around the year
- Per Day Walk 01 hrs
- Hotel Pickup Available
- Location Kathmandu
- Language English
Nagarkot which lies 32kmn east from Kathmandu is the most famous touristic viewpoint. It lies in an altitude of 2000 meter above the sea level. One can find the soothing view of hills and mountains from the destination point. It is widely popular for the sunrise of the different Himalayas including the Mt Everest. It also offers the view of Kathmandu valley. The view of the place has made more famous for hiking. One can enjoy their night in the hotels and stretch their legs towards Nagarkot viewpoint tower early in the morning to explore the sunrise.
Among all the mountains viewpoint Nagarkot is considered to be the magnificent one. In a limited distance, tourists can enjoy the beautiful scenery of hills and mountains. You can witness the majestic Kanchenjunga peak in the east and Dhaulagiri peak in the west. One can find view tower from the southern side of the village where they can find a 360degree view of hills and mountains.
Visitors can discover numerous motive to be in Nagarkot:
- It is the best place to get out from a regular schedule and enjoy the pleasant environment.
- People choose to be in Nagarkot to keep a distance from the smoke, fumes and congested surrounding.
- In a soothing day, one can also view the scenic beauty of different Himalayas.
- Nagarkot is considered as a transit point for the long route trekking. Moreover, people discover short route trekking as well.
- Short trekking from Nagarkot involves Sankhu, Dhulikhel, Changu Narayan etc.,
- As this village is located high above the sea level the place is best for high altitude adventurous.
- There are various restaurants and rooftops which provide the panoramic views of the valley.
- It’s an awesome destination to calm down having a drink or a cup of coffee and exploring some books and magazines. Moreover one can also prefer to do some yoga and meditation.
- As this is high altitude area one needs to keep themselves warm and hot.
- Weather needs to be pleasant at a high level in order to see the Everest from view tower.
- Government Tax
- Entrance Fee
- Personal Expenses
- Tips to guide and driver
You will be picked up from your respective hotels and drive to Nagarkot.
Stop At: Nagarkot View point
You will be dropped nearer to the view tower and need to walk a few steps to the tower. Explore and enjoy the sunrise and panoramic view of mountains.
After the accomplishment of your package you will again be taken back to your respective hotels.
Are enough hotels and restraunts available near the area?
There are numerous hotels available from Economy to Luxurious. Moreover, some hotels accommodate their customers with an excellent view of the mountains and village.
Do you need any entrance fee?
Yes, there is an entrance fee but if you are in package tour this is included.
How long does it take to visit Nagarkot?
Nagarkot is an awesome scenic beauty place where visitors can explore farmlands and natural beauty. It depends upon the person how they perceive the area and want to explore it. However, the view tower of Nagarkot has never failed to amuse the visitors by its pleasant view of Kathmandu valley, farmlands and different Himalaya’s ranges. People usually tends to relax on the view tower up to 2 hours. If they want to enjoy beauty of other areas inside the village it can take up to 3-4 hours.
What are the best thing to do in the place?
Apart from exploring the delightful and marvelous environment of the village one can exploit an hour through meditation and yoga.
When is the best time to visit the place?
The glorious nature of the village can be inspect throughout the year. However it is personally recommended to exploit their time to visit in an hour of a magnificent weather so one can enjoy the soothing view of different Himalayas.
Are there any shops and groceries available near the area?
There are few shops and groceries inside the villages which might not be near to the hotels. Thus it is recommended to carry all the necessary goods and first aid kit before your journey.