Nepal Coronavirus Information for foreign Visitors (Update 2021)
CORONAVIRUS – LATEST UPDATES FROM NEPAL AND TREKKING BOOKING REOPENING
Some countries are slowly coming out the COVID-19 pandemic and reopening for the foreigners. In Nepal, the situation is changing everyday. After the outbreak of Covid-19, the Government of Nepal also followed the international practice of Lockdown to contain Coronavirus effectively. Gradually with the increasing number of cases Nepal was closed almost for a year, Presently, there is a remarkably decreased COVID cases and citizens of the country adopted and started New Normal Lifestyle. Already 5 millions Nepalis have got their first dose of Covidshield Vaccines and another 2 millions are expected to have both doses by the month of May. However, The pandemic has also impacted Visit Nepal 2020 adversely amidst the threat of the virus. In March, 2020 GON decided to suspend on-arrival visas for all countries and shut down international flights and vehicular movement within the country.
Please log on to the official website of the Ministry of Health and Population for the details on the COVID-19 numbers.
Latest updates from Nepal
Now, Nepal is all set to resume tourism industry, Foreigners flying to Nepal Needs :
- A visa before arrival from an embassy or pre-approval or recommendation letter from immigration,
- You can apply for a tourist entry visa from the link https://nepaliport.immigration.gov.np/
- 72 Hrs Covid-19 negative PCR report prior to departure,
- CCMC (COVID-19 crisis management center) form Barcode print and screenshot in your mobile https://ccmc.gov.np/arms/person_add_en.php
The visitors are also subjected to stay in Quarantine for 7 days at their own expenses and 10 days for coming in from countries with a variant strains.
You can visit the official website of Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal (CAAN) https://www.caanepal.gov.np
· It is mandatory to undergo 7 days quarantine for the new traveler in Nepal.
Travel Insurance is a compulsion on our entire trek that covers evacuation up to 6000m. Also, make sure that your travel insurance covers changes to your international flights as well as the trip interruption. There are few insurance companies that provide a Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) upgrade for an additional cost that might be worth the money. But you should keep in mind, without a valid reason your travel insurance will not cover your cancellation. And for the U.S. residents you can make claims that arise from the COVID- 19 that has been specified in your policy. The benefits these specified policy includes emergency medical and trip interruption coverage for you personally or who contacts the COVID-19 or goes under quarantine when traveling. You may be eligible for trip cancellation coverage if you happen to get the COVID- 19 at your home country before you leave for your trip.
Different travel insurance companies have their own different policies, so make sure to confirm with them regarding their offers and coverage so that you can travel confidently.
NEPAL TREKKING BOOKING REOPENING
Seeing the current scenario, we have decided to open our bookings for 2021. You can book any trekking confidently with us now and do not worry about the changes that you might want in the later dates; we are flexible with your choices/changes. As our tourism starts to re-open, we are concerned about the safety of both our guests and hosts. Some of the procedures we will be following to minimize the risk from COVID- 19 includes:
· All guests should be tested for COVID-19, 72 hours prior to travel which is also a mandatory government requirement to enter Nepal.
· All guests will be provided with the information about COVID- 19 local health facilities.
· Proper sanitation and disinfection of the accommodation, all trekking gears and equipment after every use.
· Alcohol- based hand sanitizer will be provided in hotels.
· Physical distance will be the highest priority among each individual.
· All the team members have been trained in COVID- 19 prevention protocol.
· All the food packaging and preparing areas will be properly cleaned and sanitized.
· All the team members will have a proper health check up before interacting with the guests.
All our guests must be responsible for their own health and should be sensible for the safety of others. We request you to not travel if you are feeling ill or if there is a risk you may be an asymptomatic carrier of COVID-19. If incase you happen to test positive during your stay in Nepal, make sure you inform our team and isolate yourself which we will surely cooperate.
It is quite a hard and challenging time for all the tourism fraternity in this global pandemic. Hotels, restaurants, tour and trekking operators and the entire tourism group are waiting for the situation to get better and welcome our international guests very soon. Mountain Routes Team has been working within the protocols given by the Nepal Tourism Board to ensure the safety of both our guests and our entire team.
We understand that it is quite difficult to plan for an international trip in this uncertain situation, but we are always ready to help with any queries you have. We are now open for the bookings. You can book the trip to Nepal now and travel later when the situation gets better.
The Government of Nepal is endeavouring for hassle free travel procedures.Meanwhile, ensuring all the safety guidelines , the government is also flexible in terms of quarantine and movement within Nepal. Practically, once your COVID is tasted and if your result is negative then movement within different parts of the country is not much restricted following all the guidelines of WHO.